December 23, 2013

My Dad, the neighborhood Santa!



A few years ago my dad inherited this great Santa suit. Every year he looks forward to dressing up in his Santa suit and visiting families in the neighborhood. He writes a letter to the missionaries in the ward asking them to write a Christmas letter to their family. Then, he goes to their houses dressed as Santa and reads the letter to their family. This is such a special moment for these families, often ending in tears. Each year he sees more and more families. Everyone in the ward knows about it now, and he is getting special requests to come visit families! I am so grateful for my dad. He is selfless, kind, and so thoughtful. Always thinking about others before himself. I am so proud to be his daughter. Love you dad! Merry Christmas!! 

1 comment: